Release Date: 2008
Genre: Folk Metal
1. Fandens Mælkebøtte (The Devil’s Milk Pail) (04:10)
2. Hiertebrand (Heartburning) (04:09)
3. Generalen Og Troldharen (The General And The Trollhare) (05:27)
4. Arv (Heritage) (05:40)
5. Yndifall (Bereavement) (06:38)
6. Gengaregen (The Apparition) (04:32)
7. Prunkende, Stolt I Jokumsol (Pompously, Proudly In The Sun Of Jokum) (02:41)
8. En Myrmylne (A Boggy Waltz) (09:00)
Total Length: 42:17
Fandens Mælkebøtte has a really cool little intro, and the rest of the song is a great mix of folk stuff with the vocals, and a bit of prog influence in the keyboards. Hiertebrand is much the same, just neat to listen to. Generalen Og Troldharen is a bit more fun but not as interesting overall. Arv is pretty good, and the ending is cool.
Yndifall is actually a bit heavier, but doesn’t work as well as the rest of the songs. Gengaregen has a pretty neat piano-based riff, but drags on a bit. Prunkende, Stolt I Jokumsol is a really fun little change of pace. En Myrmylne is a bit of a bigger song and it’s nice to get lost in. This album overall just sounds nice, is cool to listen to, but for the most part just doesn’t really stick with me.
Final Rating: 8/10